A brand new design by Mike Jester. This P-30 was designed to be an easy-to-build kit especially for beginners. It has a flat wing that eliminates the hard-to-set dihedral joints. The model has plenty of stability in flight and it should easily provide maxes to the builder. A handful have been built, with the first laser-cut kit prototype being lost OOS.
This SHORT KIT contains a new 32″x13″ plan sheet, instruction booklet, and 5 sheets of laser-cut parts.
An Optional parts pack is available that includes dowels, aluminum tubing, DT fuse cord, 9.75 feet of 1/8″ FAI Super Sport rubber (one motor), a plastic washer for the Gizmo Geezer assembly, and a 9.5″ Gizmo Geezer P-30 prop assembly
– base short kit = $22
– plus 9.5″ Gizmo Geezer Prop Assembly and parts pack = $40
Here is a video of the Three Nite in flight by designer, Mike Jester:
AMA P-30 Rules (2019-2020)
P-30 MODEL EVENT 124
1. Models shall conform to the following specifications:
1.1. No part of the model shall exceed 30 inches when it is in assembled condition.
1.2. The minimum weight of the model without rubber motor shall be 40 grams.
1.3. The lubricated rubber motor shall not exceed 10 grams.
1.4. The propeller shall be a commercially available plastic freewheeling propeller between 23 and 25 centimeters (9.05 and 9.84 inches) in diameter. Only the following changes will be allowed:
1.4.1. Flashing may be removed.
1.4.2. Balancing by the addition of weight to one blade will be allowed.
1.4.3. Enlarging the hole of the propeller hub will be allowed in order to accept a larger diameter shaft and/or a bushing cut from metal tubing.
2. Launching shall be as specified for land plane models, Free Flight General.
3. A flight of more than 20 seconds shall be considered an official flight.
4. There shall be no limit to the number of attempts allowed in order to record three (3) official flights.
5. The maximum recorded duration for each flight shall be 120 seconds.
6. If a tie exists after three (3) flights have been recorded then each successive flight shall have a maximum duration of 30 seconds more than the previous flight.
ALL VOLARE KITS ARE MADE IN SMALL BATCHES. IF STOCK-ON-HAND IS ZERO, A NEW BATCH WILL BE PRODUCED SOON. SIMPLY ORDER ANYWAY AND WE WILL MAKE THEM.
|Target Weight:||40 grams|
|Prop:||recommend Gizmo Geezer|
|Nose Bearing:||recommend Gizmo Geezer|
|Peg:||1/8″ Alum Tube|
|# of laser cut Sheets? 5
Kit? Short Kit (Plans and Laser cut wood)
Contest Winner? Not yet
304 total views, 7 views today