A classic P-30 design from 1977 – Phil Hartman/Blue Ridge Models – now laser-cut! Some small modifications have been made, mostly to ease production of the short kit. I have traced and re-drawn the original plan and have included new construction notes. This is a fast-building kit since all of the parts are laser-cut, except the spars and fin diagonals. My prototype build came out at 37 grams, ready to fly, without rubber, so you should have no trouble building it close to the minimum 40 grams. The traditional and original fuse DT on the tail is shown on the plan, but you could always change that to a different type (viscous, mechanical, electronic).
This SHORT KIT contains a new 32″x13″ plan sheet, original instruction booklet, and 5 sheets of laser-cut parts.
– copy of original Blue Ridge plan +$5
– 9.5″ Gizmo Geezer Prop Assembly +$13
– BOTH for +$18
AMA P-30 Rules (2019-2020)
P-30 MODEL EVENT 124
1. Models shall conform to the following specifications:
1.1. No part of the model shall exceed 30 inches when it is in assembled condition.
1.2. The minimum weight of the model without rubber motor shall be 40 grams.
1.3. The lubricated rubber motor shall not exceed 10 grams.
1.4. The propeller shall be a commercially available plastic freewheeling propeller between 23 and 25 centimeters (9.05 and 9.84 inches) in diameter. Only the following changes will be allowed:
1.4.1. Flashing may be removed.
1.4.2. Balancing by the addition of weight to one blade will be allowed.
1.4.3. Enlarging the hole of the propeller hub will be allowed in order to accept a larger diameter shaft and/or a bushing cut from metal tubing.
2. Launching shall be as specified for land plane models, Free Flight General.
3. A flight of more than 20 seconds shall be considered an official flight.
4. There shall be no limit to the number of attempts allowed in order to record three (3) official flights.
5. The maximum recorded duration for each flight shall be 120 seconds.
6. If a tie exists after three (3) flights have been recorded then each successive flight shall have a maximum duration of 30 seconds more than the previous flight.
ALL VOLARE KITS ARE MADE IN SMALL BATCHES. IF STOCK-ON-HAND IS ZERO, A NEW BATCH WILL BE PRODUCED SOON. SIMPLY ORDER ANYWAY AND WE WILL MAKE THEM.
|Target Weight:||40 grams|
|Prop:||9.84″ max per rule|
|Nose Bearing:||recommend Gizmo Geezer|
|Peg:||3/16″ Alum Tube|
|# of laser cut Sheets? 5
Kit? Short Kit (Plans and Laser cut wood)
Contest Winner? Not yet
1,018 total views, 2 views today