A beautiful P-30 designed by Omar Grassetti in Brazil (many thanks to him for letting me kit this model). With a geodetic wing and tail and sheeted fuselage, this builds to a VERY strong P-30, a little heavy at 50+ grams. Mr. Grassetti indicates he designed it for windy conditions. With nearly 125 square inches of area, it should have no problem soaring into thermals.
This SHORT KIT contains his original plan sheet (annotated and translated), a supplementary instruction sheet, and 6 sheets of laser-cut parts.
– 9.5″ Gizmo Geezer Prop Assembly +$13
(comes with laser-cut nose block for Gizmo Geezer)
Here is a test flight on only 300 turns:
AMA P-30 Rules (2019-2020)
P-30 MODEL EVENT 124
1. Models shall conform to the following specifications:
1.1. No part of the model shall exceed 30 inches when it is in assembled condition.
1.2. The minimum weight of the model without rubber motor shall be 40 grams.
1.3. The lubricated rubber motor shall not exceed 10 grams.
1.4. The propeller shall be a commercially available plastic freewheeling propeller between 23 and 25 centimeters (9.05 and 9.84 inches) in diameter. Only the following changes will be allowed:
1.4.1. Flashing may be removed.
1.4.2. Balancing by the addition of weight to one blade will be allowed.
1.4.3. Enlarging the hole of the propeller hub will be allowed in order to accept a larger diameter shaft and/or a bushing cut from metal tubing.
2. Launching shall be as specified for land plane models, Free Flight General.
3. A flight of more than 20 seconds shall be considered an official flight.
4. There shall be no limit to the number of attempts allowed in order to record three (3) official flights.
5. The maximum recorded duration for each flight shall be 120 seconds.
6. If a tie exists after three (3) flights have been recorded then each successive flight shall have a maximum duration of 30 seconds more than the previous flight.
ALL VOLARE KITS ARE MADE IN SMALL BATCHES. IF STOCK-ON-HAND IS ZERO, A NEW BATCH WILL BE PRODUCED SOON. SIMPLY ORDER ANYWAY AND WE WILL MAKE THEM.
|Target Weight:||40 grams|
|Prop:||9.84″ max per rule|
|Nose Bearing:||recommend Gizmo Geezer|
|Peg:||1/8″ Alum Tube|
|# of laser cut Sheets? 6
Kit? Short Kit (Plans and Laser cut wood)
Contest Winner? Not yet
2,105 total views, 12 views today