Yesterday, I got a chance to fly my new Pegna with a new prop. In December, I had absurdly tried a 6″x9P prop and the rubber would just not turn the prop. I had to wait a month to try again – this time with a 5.5″x7P prop and it worked.
On my first test flight where I used 80% power, I got 57 seconds. This was such great news. I tweaked it just a little more, wound it up to full power and was rewarded with nice right-hand circles that climbed up about 4o feet and came down at 69 seconds as the rubber was running out. That time (good enough for first in Peanut) was 10 seconds better than any indoor flight I had ever had with the old version!
I have the Short Kit up on the site; it’s $10. It comes with the three sheets of laser-cut balsa shown below. That is one each of 1/16″, 1/20″ and 1/32″ sheet. I calculated today and it takes 20 minutes of cutting time for each kit (so you’re getting a bargain)! With all of those delicate stringers, it is not an easy construction, but it is plenty strong for flying.
In the mean time, here are build photos that might help anyone that wants to build from my kit.
Read my article on my justification for the color and markings in my Documentation article HERE.
1,414 total views, 3 views today