It feels like it has been a slow week, with little “news” to share. I’ve been busy; the weather is getting warmer and I am doing more things outside. I worked on both my Studebaker and my truck. Of course, packing orders takes up a good deal of time nearly every day.
I put together a new JetCat – a 25% larger T-37 Tweet. This gives the model an 18″ wingspan. I tried to make it lighter, also. You can see the built-up wing construction in this photo. The fuselage is of lighter construction, too. We will see Sunday if this has potential.
I did get the fuselage and tail section to my “mystery model” framed up. The wings will be a challenge. My plan is to “debut” this model at Geneseo in July, although I will probably have it for test flying in Muncie in June – I want a bigger field than our local field for testing. (You may have seen this photo earlier this week.)
I repaired my wing on my Elmendorf Special. You might recall me writing about how I flew it at full torque without test flying it and the thrust settings were off – it torque-rolled in to the left and sheared the left wing off. It was a simple fix. I forgot to take in process photos, so you get a belly shot of the finished repair. As with all repairs, the plane is getting heavier. This plane is starting its second year of competition – it is getting beat up. I have already started thinking about its replacement for next year.
Also, the prop broke at the field and I did a field repair. That left a chip in the trailing edge of the prop. I am 100% sure that this notch had no effect on performance, but it bothered me, so I fixed it. Here is a series of shots of that simple repair. Maybe they will help someone fix something else sometime.
332 total views, 1 views today